Immigration Physicals in Marlborough, MA
AFC Urgent Care Marlborough is proud to announce that our very own Dr. Roxanne Latimer, Dr. Lise Tardif, Dr. Linda Tsai, Dr. Kate Griffey and Dr. Paul Hart are now USCIS Designated Civil Surgeons! This means we are able to perform Immigration Physicals for Department of Homeland Security and US Citizens and Immigration Services (formerly INS). These immigration physicals are required for all those who are applying for citizenship, permanent residency, or a green card and can only be conducted by a registered USCIS Designated Civil Surgeon.
We can conduct the entire exam in our office. We have the capability to also perform blood tests and TB tests in office. We can administer required vaccines and perform chest x-rays if necessary. After the exam is completed, we will fill out a completed I-693 Form for you to submit to USCIS.
***Please note that these exams are generally valid for only a 12 month period.
***Please be aware that immigration physicals are NOT covered by insurance and all payments are due at time of service.
What you need to complete prior and bring to the physical
- Follow instructions in confirmation email to complete all required forms
- Bring government-issued photo identification and all required vaccination records to the physical
- Bring applicable payments due at time of service
An appointment is required and we strongly encourage one to be made well in advance to provide yourself ample time to gather the necessary records.
How you can expect the process to work:
We take USCIS immigration physicals by appointment ONLY. The entire process will require multiple visits to our center depending on what each individual applicant needs. Please follow the instructions provided in our confirmation email to you in order to reduce the wait time and shorten the overall processing time of your application.
Appointments can be made by calling 508-658-0764.
- When appointment is made
- After an appointment is made on the phone, we will send you a confirmation email with detailed instructions on what you will need to complete and bring with you to the appointment.
- First visit
- The initial physical fee will also be collected during your first visit. Depending on your individual needs, other fees for x-ray, titers and vaccines may be applicable and will be collected at your time of service.
- A PPD test will be planted on your skin to test for Tuberculosis. This is required for all applicants. You are required to return to our center between 48 and 72 hours after the test is planted for us to read to interpret the result.
- For applicants 15 years and older, we will draw blood to be sent to the lab to test for syphilis and a urine sample to test for gonorrhea. We can expect to receive the result from the lab within a week.
- Based on individual needs, we will draw blood for titers to be sent to the lab to test for immunity to the infectious diseases required by USCIS. The results can be expected from the lab within a week.
- If titers are not required and we know exactly which vaccines are needed, we can administer the vaccines during this visit, eliminating the need for an additional visit.
- Second visit
- You will be required to return to our center between 48 and 72 hours after your PPD test was planted during your first visit for us to read to interpret the result.
- If the read is positive, a chest x-ray will be required for the physician to further determine if there is evidence of active Tuberculosis. The result will be available right away and documented in the application. Additional fee for the x-ray will be due at time of service.
- Third visit (if necessary)
- After we have received the results of the titers; usually within two weeks, we will contact you to come in for us to administer the vaccines if necessary. If necessary, additional fees will be due at time of service.
- The physical packet will be completed and sealed for your pickup and submission to USCIS.
- Final visit
- Once all the required vaccines and results of the required tests have been obtained and documented in the I-693 form, the civil surgeon will review and sign off. When the packet is ready to be picked up, our office will contact you to do so.
For more information on our Immigration Physicals or any of our services, call us today at 508-658-0764 or visit us at 38 Boston Post Road West in Marlborough, MA.