Bring the care you need right into your home with Telemedicine! Telemedicine, or virtual visits, is a perfect alternative for patients who are uncomfortable or unable to leave their home at this time or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Our physicians will be able to see you for a consultation and provide effective diagnosis and treatment from the comfort of your own home, over a secure video call. Telemedicine appointments are accepted seven days a week during our convenient hours.
What can I have a Telemedicine appointment for?
While telemedicine can be used for diagnosis of many conditions, some may require an in-person visit at our walk-in urgent care center. Some of the included visits include:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy and other rashes
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
The following cannot be assessed over a Telemedicine visit and will require an in-person visit at our walk-in urgent care center for treatment. Our center is open seven days a week for your convenience.
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Physical Exams
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s (Must come into Center)
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
Making a Telemedicine appointment
You can make an appointment by calling 508-658-0764 option 5. After collecting the necessary information, our team will arrange a time for a video call with you and one of our providers in order to assess your symptoms and go over treatment options. If you are experiencing symptoms in line with COVID-19, we may recommend you come to the center for testing.
How the appointment works
At the beginning of your visit, a member of our staff will join the call to go over your medical history. After this information is collected, you will speak with the physician about your symptoms and treatment options. Since not all conditions can be addressed over a video call, you should call the center with any questions.
Virtual Visits & Telemedicine in Marlborough, MA
You shouldn’t put off getting necessary medical attention. Schedule a telehealth visit today to get the care you need from the team at AFC Urgent Care Marlborough! For questions, please call 508-658-0764.